Take a river trip down Naperville’s gorgeous DuPage River. We offer river trips down the DuPage River, with parking available at Riverview Farmstead Preserve, Naperville (Corner of Book Rd and Hassert Blvd). You will be shuttled by Uber to Knoch Knolls in Naperville at the start of the trip, and must be comfortable taking an Uber ride and wearing a face mask. Please note, in past years, parking was in a different location at Knoch Knolls, and is now at Riverview Farmstead Preserve, Naperville.
See the quiet corners of Naperville like you’ve never seen, and a range of wildlife from blue heron, jumping fish, river otters, turtles, and much more.
We only offer our river trips when the river is safe for all paddlers. We have plenty of single kayaks, tandem kayaks, and large inflatable stand-up river paddleboards. Please Book Online.Book Online Now
What to Expect
The time the trip takes varies depending on water flow and can range from one and a half to two and a half hours.
For all of our river trips we recommend that customers have some prior experience kayaking or paddle boarding. If you have never kayaking or paddleboarding before please try one of our flat water kayak rentals at Whalon Lake.
Book Online or Walk-In: $45 single kayak or paddleboard, $90/tandem kayak
Customers will meet and park at Riverview Farmstead, in Naperville (Corner of Book Rd and Hassert Blvd), where they will meet our friendly staff to register and receive instruction before being transported by a private Uber up the river to put-in. The trip is approximately 4.5 miles to the take-out, where you will return to Riverview Farmstead Preserve, Naperville.
All trips include kayak/paddleboard, paddle, PFD (personal floatation device). We recommend customers leave any valuables or things they don’t want lost or damaged in their vehicle.
We provide water resistant (dry) bags. We recommend customers wear synthetic clothing and avoid cotton. Customers must have closed toed sneakers (old sneakers recommended) or sandals that cover their feet. We also recommend sunscreen, water, and snacks.
Once kayakers and paddleborders have been properly outfitted with their equipment they will be given some brief instruction about how to have a safe and memorable experience.Book Online Now
- All customers need to be wearing a mask when checking in, interacting with staff, and when needing assist on and off the water.
- Single kayakers/paddleboarders must be at least age 13 to paddle on the river, tandem boat passengers must at least 8 years of age and accompanied by an adult. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an parent or guardian who can sign a waiver on their behalf. On the river, children under 18 must have a parent or guardian on the water with them at all times.
- Please dress appropriately. You will get wet when on the water. Shoes and life jackets must be worn at all times.
- Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Naperville Kayak reserves the right to cancel any of our activities in the event of severe weather or abnormal weather conditions.
Remember, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice in clothing”.
View Interactive Maps:
Riverview Farmstead Preserve, Naperville:
At Riverview Farmstead Preserve in Naperville (Google Maps / Directions)
Book Rd. and Hassert Blvd. (111th St.)