Today’s River Trip Location:
Take a river trip down our gorgeous local waterways. We offer daily river trips Tuesday through Sunday down the DuPage and Fox Rivers. We run 1 of 4 different routes daily based on which location has the best conditions will offer the best customer experience.
See the quiet corners busy downtown, a range of wildlife from blue heron, Bald Eagles on the Fox river, jumping fish, river otters, turtles, and much more.
We only offer our river trips when the river is safe for all paddlers. We have plenty of single kayaks, tandem kayaks, and large inflatable stand-up river paddleboards. Walk-ins welcome or book online:Book Online Now
What to Expect
The time the trip takes varies depending on water flow and can range from one hour to one and a half hours.
For all of our river trips we recommend that customers have some prior experience kayaking or paddle boarding. If you have never kayaking or paddleboarding before please try one of our flat water kayak or paddleboard rentals in the downtown Naperville quarry.
Book Online or Walk-In: $39 single, $78/tandem
Customers will meet in Naperville at Pioneer Park, Knoch Knolls Park, or Hudson Crossing Park in Oswego where they will meet our friendly staff to register. Customers will be transported up river to the put-in location where they will meet additional friendly staff that will help outfit them with the proper equipment for their kayaking/paddleboarding trip.
All trips include kayak/paddleboard, paddle, PFD (personal floatation device). We recommend customers leave any valuables or things they don’t want lost or damaged in their vehicle.
We provide water resistant (dry) bags. We recommend customers wear synthetic clothing and avoid cotton. Customers must have closed toed sneakers (old sneakers recommended) or sandals that cover their feet. We also recommend sunscreen, water, and snacks.
Once kayakers and paddleborders have been properly outfitted with their equipment they will be given some brief instruction about how to have a safe and memorable experience.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday-Friday: 2:00pm-6:15pm
- Weekends: 10:00am-6:15pm
- Check the home page of our website to confirm which river we are currently operating. Only one river location operates each day.
- Single kayakers/paddleboarders must be at least age 13 to paddle on the river, tandem boat passengers must at least 8 years of age and accompanied by an adult. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an parent or guardian who can sign a waiver on their behalf. On the river, children under 18 must have a parent or guardian on the water with them at all times.
- Please dress appropriately. You will get wet when on the water. Shoes and life jackets must be worn at all times.
- Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Naperville Kayak reserves the right to cancel any of our activities in the event of severe weather or abnormal weather conditions.
Remember, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice in clothing”.