Take a river trip down the Fox River. This winding and gentle branch of the Fox River will offer you a memorable experience and a view of Oswego you’ve never seen before. See the quiet corners of downtown, a range of wildlife from blue heron, jumping fish, snapping turtles, and much more.
We only offer our river trips when the river is safe for all paddlers. Often times the Fox River is too low for us to navigate and other times it is too high. Before visiting us to paddle, please check our home page to see if we are operating in either our Oswego, Naperville or Plainfield location.Book Online Now
What to Expect
The time the trip takes varies depending on water flow and at normal water levels and speeds averages one hour to one and a half hours.
For all of our river trips we recommend that customers have some prior experience kayaking or paddle boarding. If you have never kayaked or paddleboarded before please try one of our flat water kayak or paddleboard rentals in the downtown Naperville quarry.
Register on site: $40 single, $80/tandem
Choose the BOOK NOW button below to schedule your adventure.
Customers will meet at Hudson Crossing Park where they will meet our friendly staff to register. After being outfitted with life jackets, paddles, and brief instruction, customers will paddle down river where they will meet additional friendly staff at Saw Wee Kee park and be transported back up river to their waiting cars..
All trips include kayak/paddleboard, paddle, PFD (personal floatation device). We recommend customers leave any valuables or things they don’t want lost or damaged in their vehicle.
We provide water resistant (dry) bags. We recommend customers wear synthetic clothing and avoid cotton. Customers must have closed toed sneakers (old sneakers recommended) or sandals that cover their feet. We also recommend sunscreen, water, and snacks.
Once kayakers and paddleborders have been properly outfitted with their equipment they will be given some brief instruction about how to have a safe and memorable experience.
- Open daily, except Monday (weather permitting)
- Check-in: 10am – 6:30pm
- Check the home page of our website to confirm which river we are currently operating. Only one river location operates each day.
- Single kayakers/paddleboarders must be at least age 13 to paddle on the river, tandem boat passengers must at least 8 years of age and accompanied by an adult. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an parent or guardian who can sign a waiver on their behalf. On the river, children under 18 must have a parent or guardian on the water with them at all times.
- Please dress appropriately. You will get wet when on the water. Shoes and life jackets must be worn at all times.
- Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Naperville Kayak reserves the right to cancel any class or close rentals at the quarry or on the river in the event of severe weather or abnormal weather conditions.
Remember, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice in clothing”.
View Our Interactive Map:
All parking and registration is at starting point of the route (Hudson Crossing Park, S. Harrison St., Oswego, IL 60543). After your paddle, we will provide transportation back to the starting point. (Open in Google Maps)