Take a river trip down the West Branch of DuPage River through scenic and historic downtown Naperville. This winding and gentle branch of the DuPage River will offer you a memorable experience and a view of Naperville you’ve never seen before. See the quiet corners, busy downtown, a range of wildlife from blue heron, jumping fish, river otters, turtles, and much more.
We only offer our river trips when the river is safe for all paddlers. Often times the DuPage River is too low for us to navigate and other times it is too high. Before visiting us to paddle, please check our home page to see if we are operating in either our Naperville, Plainfield or Oswego location.Book Online Now
What to Expect
The time the trip takes varies depending on water flow and can range from one hour to one and a half hours.
For all of our river trips we recommend that customers have some prior experience kayaking or paddle boarding. If you have never kayaking or paddleboarding before please try one of our flat water kayak or paddleboard rentals in the downtown Naperville quarry.
Register on site: $50
We only take walk in’s for river trips; however, please contact us if you have a group of ten or more and we will guide you to the best times. Customers will meet at Pioneer Park where they will meet our friendly staff to register (credit card only please).
Customers will be transported up river to the put-in location where they will meet additional friendly staff that will help outfit them with the proper equipment for their kayaking/paddleboarding trip.
All trips include kayak/paddleboard, paddle, PFD (personal floatation device). We recommend customers leave any valuables or things they don’t want lost or damaged in their vehicle.
We provide water resistant (dry) bags. We recommend customers wear synthetic clothing and avoid cotton. Customers must have closed toed sneakers (old sneakers recommended) or sandals that cover their feet. We also recommend sunscreen, water, and snacks.
Once kayakers and paddleborders have been properly outfitted with their equipment they will be given some brief instruction about how to have a safe and memorable experience.
- Open daily (weather permitting) starting Saturday, May 26
- Check-in: 10am – 6:30pm
- Check the home page of our website to confirm which river we are currently operating. Only one river location operates each day.
- Must be at least age 13 or 5 feet tall and 100 pounds to paddle on the river. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an parent or guardian who can sign a waiver on their behalf. On the river, children under 18 must have a parent or guardian on the water with them at all times.
- Please dress appropriately. You will get wet when on the water. Shoes and life jackets must be worn at all times.
- Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Naperville Kayak reserves the right to cancel any class or close rentals at the quarry or on the river in the event of severe weather or abnormal weather conditions.
Remember, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice in clothing”.