1. Downtown Naperville – Kayak Rental & Brief Instruction
Come check out our downtown Naperville location! Includes brief instruction, kayak, paddle, personal flotation device and ACA trained staff available to answer questions and offer guidance on technique and other kayak-related questions. Purchase admission at the Paddleboat Hut next to the Riverwalk Cafe.
- $10 for 30 minutes (single boat)
- $20 for 30 minutes (two-person boat)
Print a waiver now and bring it with you or sign one when you arrive
2. Stand up paddle boarding sessions/rental
New for 2017! We now offer paddleboarding in downtown Naperville at the Riverwalk Quarry. Sessions/rentals are offered daily from 9am-10am. Registration begins at 8:30 am and ends at 8:45 am. Payment on-site by credit card only please.
What to expect
Come learn to paddleboard or come do it again on our extremely sturdy inflatable stand-up river paddle boards constructed by Sol Paddle Boards of Telluride, Colorado. These boards offer a very beginner-friendly experience. Paddleboards are 11 foot-long by 3 ½ foot-wide, making for one of the sturdiest paddleboard experiences out there. Calm water at the enclosed 5 acre quarry offers a very gentle beginner-friendly paddleboarding experience.
Our class/session is offered on a walk in basis only. Registration begins at 8:30am and ends at 8:45am. Paddleboarders will receive all necessary equipment, paddleboard, paddle, PFD (personal flotation device), and dry bag (we recommend leaving any valuables and items that you don’t want wet in your vehicle). Paddleboarders will receive brief instruction and learn basic paddleboard strokes. Your instructor will be present to offer additional paddleboarding techniques and guidance for safely navigating one of our paddleboard trips down the DuPage River in Naperville or Plainfield, or the Fox River in Oswego.*
Paddleborders can choose to participate with their instructor, or go off and enjoy their time how they please on the water.
* Please note this rental/session takes place in a 5 acre quarry downtown Naperville and is not on a river. See our interactive map below.
3. Quick Start To River Kayaking Class
This river class is a great introduction to kayaking in a dynamic environment. We will cover basic equipment, safety, and techniques to help you maneuver your kayak on moving water. This class is recommended for those who have been in a kayak previously. We will spend approximately 30 minutes on land and the remaining time on the water. Meeting location will be announced on our website and Facebook page two days prior to the class and will be based on local water levels. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early.
Scheduled dates and times:
- June 7 – 6 pm
- June 17 – 9 am
- July 12 – 6 pm
- August 19 – 1:30 pm
- September 9 – 9 am
- September 20 – 4 pm
Registration is on-site only. $79 per person. Call us at 630-300-4527 with any questions.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an parent or guardian who can sign a waiver on their behalf. On the river, children under 18 must have a parent or guardian on the water with them at all times. At the quarry, children 13- to 18 years may be on the water at the quarry without a parent or guardian and children 12 years and under must have a parent or guardian on the water at the quarry with them at all times.
- Please dress appropriately. You will get wet when on the water. Shoes and life jackets must be worn at all times.
- Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Naperville Kayak reserves the right to cancel any class or close rentals at the quarry or on the river in the event of severe weather or abnormal weather conditions.
Remember, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice in clothing”.